This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DISKPROMPT and the like

3 replies to this topic

omwof

omwof
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 12:19

dear all,
     I have started with windows installer recently and have come up against a bit of a brick wall.

My projects are requesting source media whenever i try to run one of my executable components.

THe components are positively 'favor local'
I am using developer, though it behaved the same with iswi.

could anyone shed some lite on this 'whole advertise and run  from source etc mess.

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 12:25

Have you been manually replacing components that were installed as part of the Installation.  During Development, etc...

Martin

omwof

omwof
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 14:03

Thanks for the reply.

, the disk prompting is occuring on clean machines ,When I try to run the application after the install has run its course, and no manual alterations have taken place  

omwof

omwof
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 10:26

THe win2k application error log states a bunch of components  associated with the feature being opened cannot be located and as such are being traced to the source media.

The problem apears to be with the directory table, I will return when I know more