This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prevent logging of a setup

2 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 10:21

I'm using InstallShield Deveopper 8

How can I do to make my setup running more than one time without asking me to remove. I want to make a setup which run each time like if it was the fisrt time.

I tried to remove "RegisterProduct" action from the sequence but it generate an error when I launch the setup.

How can I do it?

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 12:29

I suggest you change your Maintenance dialog, to look exactly like a fresh install. Note that won't be the same as running setup like the first time, it just looks that way.

If you really want to install a new copy of your product, try creating a CA, that calculates new GUIDs for product code and package code. Schedule this CA in the beginning of the InstallExecuteSequence. The CA should probably change all component GUIDs too.
In this scenario, I think you can only install a new copy: uninstall, reinstall or maintenance will become impossible.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 12:58

Thanks a lot Zweitze! I'll create a CA.