This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Choice of Tool

2 replies to this topic

timstspry

timstspry
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:09

Hello, I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with either of two tools that I am presently evaluating. I would like your opinion of the tool as well as the support of the tool by the vendor. I am talking about Advanced Installer and InstallAware. I have downloaded and installed the evaluation versions of both of these products and am trying to make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing one or the other.

I am an experienced application and installer developer and have been attracted to these two products primarily for their capability to deliver updates via the web rolled into the base product.

I appreciate any and all comments!

Tim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 14:42

I haven't used the support options of any of the two, but searching the web for user comments, and reading the forums may give some impression about their philosophy and responsiveness.

In general I'm having good contacts with the makers of Advanced Installer.

You may also want to read this post on Christopher Painter's blog:
http://blog.deployme...s-this-for.html

timstspry

timstspry
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:18

Thanks Stefan! The blog entry was an eye openner to be sure!

Tim
ohmy.gif