This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Chnaging features after update not working

3 replies to this topic

leonidlukashin

leonidlukashin
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:47

We have have problem changing installed features after an update. Here is how it is happening.
1. Install version 1 of product.
2. Install update to version 2 of product.
3. After installing an update there is need to change installed features. Run an installer, select change option, add new feature from features tree. At this step MSI throws a dialog “The installed product does not match the installation source(s)”. This dialog has an option to choose installation source. I tried to set version 1 and version 2 of product as a source but in both cases receive an error “ The file ... is not a valid installation package”.

The only one way to change installed features is to downgrade to first installed version , change features then do upgrade again.
Is it possible to change installed features after upgrade without doing downgrade to first installed version?

Edited by leonidlukashin, 17 August 2010 - 11:48.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:38

This sounds very much to me like you have some confusion with ProductCode, PackageCode and/or UpgradeCode.

For a v2 release, I presume you have a new ProductCode and PackageCode?
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:41

Is this a minor or major update? Try running through Stefan's update checklist first and see if something rings a bell: http://www.installsi...msi/updates.htm
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

leonidlukashin

leonidlukashin
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:00

This is a minor update. I changed version number, but product code still remains the same.

I found why this happens. If i run installation using boostrapper it fails. If i run installation from command line specifiyng REINSTALLMODE=vomus as a command line arguments it works, so the reason is the REINSTALLMODE.