This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Security

3 replies to this topic

Erik

Erik
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 15:40

Does anyone know if it is possible to give "everyone" "full control" on a folder/directory created by the setup, using Installshield developer 7.

Or does anyone how to do this from a Visual C or Baisc program? I know that it is veru difficult. Is there
anyone with a sample program??

Thanx,

Erik van Dijk

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 03:02

Have a look at the LockPermissions table in the MSI help file.  This will allow you to do what you require through Installshield.

Devang Parmar

Devang Parmar
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 09:58

LockPermission table will not work if you want to install your application on other than English language OS. If your application is for use on only English version of OS this is a nice idea.

I have faced the same problem because my application is getting installed on other language OS also. If you have any idea or get solution let me know.

Devang.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 22:46

From memory, LockPermissions should work with multiple languages, it just doesn't cope very well because User and Group names may be different when installing to a machine with a different locale.

I think what is required is a custom action to translate the user and group names to something that is valid on that machine.  For an idea on how to do this, try the msdn knowledge base article, Q157234.

Sorry I haven't got any examples, this is only theory, I haven't actually put together a multi-language install that required the use of the LockPermissions table.