This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Avoid Language Selection dialog

3 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:51

Hi all,
Our product supports installations in 3 different languages, with English as default. Since adding the language packs, and the languages to support, whenever I start the install or uninstall, the language selection dialog appears at the start.
I want to control the display of the language dialog box. Depending on certain conditions, I want to decide whether the language selection dialog should be displayed or not. Is there any way programmatically to do it?

Also, is there any way that I can control the text in the language selection dialog?

thanks,
Vishwa

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:43

setup.exe is responsible for that dialog, so it is displayed before your script starts. therefore you cannot programmatically decide whether to display it or not. You can however use a command line parameter to select a language. So what you could do:
- turn off the language selection dialog in InstallShield
- write your own exe (or CD Browser autorun program) that will display a selection dialog or not, with the text you desire
- this exe would then launch InstallShield's setup.exe with the appropriate language command line parameter

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:04

Many thanks for your reply, but I still have a question..
How can I turn off the language selection dialog in Installshield?

Regards,
Vishwa

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 16:09

In Releases view select your release. In the property grid switch Languages Dialog to No.