This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

services during repair

2 replies to this topic

elanius

elanius
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 15:30

Hello.

I would like to ask what happen with service during repair? Especially if this service is running because I have installer package with some services and if I run repair it fails with error that some file can not be deleted. This problem is simply result of fact that service is running during repair and than installer can not delete file because it is locked by this service.

So I expected that service will be stopped during repair and at the end started again but obviously it is not like that.

Could some one explain me how it works? or just post some link. I could find nothing on internet.

thanks.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 15:25

How it works depends on how well the MSI was authored. One would hope that the packager included handling for repair scenarios. If not, you're up the proverbial creek. You amy want to edit the package accordingly and replace the cached MSI with your revised version.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

elanius

elanius
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 16:12

problem was only in flags of ServiceControl Table. I had to just add this flag msidbServiceControlEventStop (0x002).
Service should be able to stop during install.