This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

rollback after OnFirstUIAfter ...

2 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:45

I call "EnterDisk" built-in dialog at the end of my installation (in DialogShowSdFinishReboot), then I call LaunchApp to start another setup...

The problem occurs if I press CANCEL on the EnterDisk dialog because :

1. built-in dialog doesn't return any value (ok, cancel, ...) and when CANCEL is pressed goes directly to OnCanceling...

2. the abort statement does not call a rollback if initiated after the OnFirstUIAfter event

How can I manage a complete rollback when a user click on the cancel button of the EnterDisk dialog at the end of my setup (after OnFirstUIAfter)?

Edited by lavocat, 09 March 2005 - 10:54.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 15:28

A rollback only happens if you abort the installation between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize (from a deferred custom action).

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 15:41

Ok but imagine that I whant at least to finish the first setup completely if the user click cancel on enterdisk. When OnCanceling is called in response to CANCEL button of ENTERDISK dialog, even if I don't call ABORT in oncancelling the ENTERDISK dialog is always re-called and son one...it drives me crazy :-)

look at my oncalceling function : I've tryed to bypass "abort" if I came from Enterdisk line....but instead of going on the next line (just after ENTERDISK), ENTEDISK stay active and the next line is never called...
///////////////////////////////////////////////
function OnCanceling()
begin
if (IDYES = SprintfBox(MB_YESNO|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION|MB_DEFBUTTON2,
SdLoadString(SD_STR_ONCANCELING_TITLE),
SdLoadString(SD_STR_ONCANCELING_MSG))) then

EndCurrentDialog();
Enable(USE_LOADED_SKIN);
if(passed_by_enterdisk==TRUE) then
//abort;
else

abort;
endif;

endif;
end;
///////////////////////////////////////////////

Is there a way to jump the line ENTERDISK(...) when user click on CANCEL?

Thank you

Edited by lavocat, 09 March 2005 - 15:48.