This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problems with Uninstall

4 replies to this topic

Penelope

Penelope
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2001 - 20:52

The application installs on the test system correctly.  But when I uninstall the application, it removes other applications which it is dependent on?  Any suggestions on possible causes and/or solutions?

Thanks in advance.

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 09:43

Have you declared your System files as shared?
JSP

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 10:39

The component guids of components containing the shared files shold be the same.   The installer then can track how many copies of a particular component are needed.  It will not remove a component in use by another product.  If you have not maintained the same guid then the installer will not know that a given component is still in use.

• 58 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 15:51

I am having the same problem as Penelope, HOWEVER, this was working fine until last week.  However, nothing from a coding standpoint has changed.

God this sucks.

Penelope

Penelope
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 18:08

Yep...that was exactly my problem too.  No code change at all.  It built the day before correctly and then it didn't.  The only way around this was to to rebuild my installer from scatch using the old one as a framework.  Nothing new was added, the new install is EXACTLY the same as the old one, but this one uninstalls correctly.