This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch Log file Parsing

2 replies to this topic

ashishmishra_cs

ashishmishra_cs
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:27

Hi All,
So i am here with a typical problem. I have automation process for creating patch. i am using ISWiProject.buildpcpfile for building patch. A log file is also created. i want to parse this log file, My build process should only stop when i want, means if i get an warning for reverse file version i dont want to stop the build. Does any one have any idea or logic for this process?
A log file have the description of the warning or error, some time it has the error code sometime it dont, so is there any way to find error code from error or warning description ?

Thanks a lot

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 13:53

I don't believe your posts really have much to do with the Installer engine, but rather with InstallShield's internals. Those questions would best be directed at the IS developers.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

ashishmishra_cs

ashishmishra_cs
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 14:39

I think its related to installer engine, We can derive own ICE or Validator to validate the installation. I agree that for error build will be stopped but for warnings if i have list of all warnings of installshield i can check on which warning i want to stop the build.