This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Saving Properties over Reboot

1 reply to this topic

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 15:48

Hello everybody!

I've got a problem with the state of properties when I have to reboot during setup.

I'm collecting a lot of information from the user during the UI-sequence (in PUBLICPROPERTIES). Then, in the Execute-sequence, I have to reboot the PC (using a conditioned ForceReboot action), depending on the previous state of the PC. After the reboot & resume of the setup all my properties are gone, but I still need a lot of them.

Do I really have to save all these properties by my own or should windows installer be able to transfer these properties over the reboot?

Thanks for any help!
h.teichert-ott

Generous

Generous
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 10:48

IMHO You need include your proprty name to SecureCustomProperties property list.

See Windows Installer documentation for "SecureCustomProperties Property":

"SecureCustomProperties Property
The SecureCustomProperties is a list of public properties delimited by semi-colons. These properties are included with the default list of restricted public properties that the installer can pass to the server side when doing a managed installation with elevated privileges."

When system is reboot, installation thread is terminated and all non-SecureCustomProperties not saved and not pass to installation after reboot system.

...heh... may bee...
 :)  Try this and say me about results!

Good luck!
Evgeny Ushkaloff

Senior Software Developer / Setup Coordinator
Aelita Software Corporation
www.aelita.com