This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall on XP

3 replies to this topic

bachri

bachri
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 19:58

I have an install that works on windows XP, and it uninstalls fine, MOST of the time.  Sometimes it displays a message saying that I may not be able to unistall, and I can not.  I think this is because of service pack 1, or one of the patches.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

I provide any new information as I gather it.

bachri

bachri
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 19:10

Ok it seems that if the user doesn't have high enough rights to the computer the unInstaller won't initialize.  Can anyone here confirm this?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 11:07

You need to have write access to the Windows directory upon installation because IS5 places its Uninst.exe there.
You may also encouter problems if the user running the setup dowsn't have sufficient write privileges for registry. In general, you should have Admin rights to run an IS5 setup on NT/2000/XP to avoid problems.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 10:36

WindowsXP should want an admin user when "setup.exe" is called.
If you run an installation while being normal user, a "run as .." dialog should appear, so that you have the right to write into windir and registry.
Gruß / regards
Thomas