This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component

1 reply to this topic

MarianTrygg

MarianTrygg
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 18:07

Hi - I'm a complete newbie to Installshield. I've put all my files in and click on Build and get the following in the log file. What does it mean and does it mean I cannot distribute my application until I get rid of these errors?

Thanks
Marian

** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component IDSMAI32.EXE. A key file is required for dynamic COM extraction.
** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component beegdo10.ocx. A key file is required for dynamic COM extraction.
** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component marssch.dll. A key file is required for dynamic COM extraction.
** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component marsschg.ocx. A key file is required for dynamic COM extraction.
** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component scrrun.dll. A key file is required for dynamic COM extraction.
** Error: -4352: There is no key file for component socx5.ocx. A key file is required for dynamic COM extraction.
Extracting COM data from 10 component(s)
New ProgId IDSMailInterface32.AddressBook dynamically acquired for component IDSMAI32.EXE1
New ProgId IDSMailInterface32.Dialer dynamically acquired for component IDSMAI32.EXE1
New ProgId IDSMailInterface32.Server dynamically acquired

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 23:44

InstallShield is trying to gather the registration information for your files when it tries to build the install.  To do this, it attempts to register the keyfile of your component, then checks what is written.

What these errors say is that you haven't set your executables, dlls or ocxs to be keyfiles.  In the setup design, you need to select the file that it should extract registration from, then set it to be a keyfile.  Do this in each component that you have an error for.