This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to return the error back to installer

2 replies to this topic

girishkatti123

girishkatti123
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:57

Hello All,
Is there any way how we could return an error back to the installer if you have a failure during installation.
For example if you have a batch file or an exe which is to be executed during the installation time and it fail in between the installation. I would like to return the error back to the installer with the description. Also if I could pass this error to a log file.
Also if the installer fails to complete installation how could I roll back to the original state, like how windows installer behaves.
I am working with installscript project.

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:38

The nLaunchResult member of the LAAW_PARAMETERS structure should tell you the result code after calling LaunchAppAndWait.

Also if the installer fails to complete installation how could I roll back to the original state, like how windows installer behaves.
I am working with installscript project.
InstallScript doesn't have rollback functionality. Instead it performs an uninstall if the installation aborts. One possible way to get rollback is to use Windows Installer (MSI) instead of InstallScript.

girishkatti123

girishkatti123
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 13:12

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not responding on time.
Will try out with the suggestion and kepp you posted on the outcome.

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti