This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1606

1 reply to this topic

lbvaughan

lbvaughan
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 17:56

I am working on creating a new project, based on an existing one to clean things up. I am nearing completion but have encountered an error during the installation. I have tested on multiple computers and all of them get the same error and Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find out where the error is coming from.

The installation was created in Installshield 12 - Professional, SP2 with OCI Hotfix.

The beginning of the installation works fine stepping through all the options until it reaches the Install options, then It begins calculating space requirements. Immediately after that, it comes up with the error

"Error 1606. Could not access network location NO."

I could probably find out where this is origionating from if the location was something more descriptive, but the way it is now, I am having a difficult time locating it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 20:38

Double check your Drectoy table.
Generate a log file, it will list all the directories.
This might be a directory that the installer pulls from registry, like My Pictures and other shell folders. Maybe there's an invalid entry (this would affect only this machine)