This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

language and OS dependent components

4 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 July 2001 - 07:52

Im creating a setup in IPWI 2.1 and i have to install components based in OS including Windows ME coz some files in my setup depends on what OS does the user have. What should i do to make this work? Should I write a function in the sript? or I just have to configure something in my setup?

Another thing is about components which is language dependent just like in OS some compenents will install depending upon the language what will I do to do this? I'm really quit new in IPWI 2.1 so pls help me anyone?

I'm very grateful for any helo you could give me thanks.

Dyerald

(Edited by Dyerald at 8:10 am on July 5, 2001)

80LPJ

80LPJ
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 20:06

Put a condition in your feature or components in your setup design:

For Windows 95/98/Me
Condition   Version9X

For Windows NT
Condition  VersionNT

For Windows 2000
Condtion  VersionNT>=500

For System Language, you can use the
SystemLanguageID

Suppose you have a  component that is used for Windows 98 and English language only, then you want to put the following condtions:
SystemLanguageID=1033 AND Version9X

For  more info, go to your ISWI help and search for the topic "Building Conditional Statements"

Hope this helps,

80LPJ
ISWI User

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2001 - 12:52

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I realy apreciate it. =) But i have some follow up questions.

I need to know the what conditon will I use for the OS specifically. I have files that should be installed in the Windows 95 but should not be installed in Windows 95 nor Windows ME  or the other way around. What will I do about it?? Because I think that using Vesion9X for Windows 95/98/Me should install all files and will not filter files only for 95/98/ME specipically. Please help I'm kinda confused about this.

Any help help will be gratefully appreciates. Thanks in advance =)

Dyerald

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2001 - 14:09

Look up Version9X and VersionNT in the MSI help.
For Win95 Version9X=400, for Win98 Version9X=410 etc.