This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Awy IS Uk language pack

3 replies to this topic

Scott Willcocks

Scott Willcocks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:33

I have a copy of adminstudio 3.5 and work in the uk.

Admin studio only come with American language packs
I need a copy of awy is uk language pack that works in adminstudio 3.5 does it exist or can you get this product to work on adminstudio 3.5 anyone know.

Help

It's really annoying that installshield rely on a third party company to distribute languages surely if you buy a product in the UK they should install as default UK language packs.

Or is this the way software developers think in the US.

biggrin.gif

Help

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 15:39

The problem that InstallShield doesn't support UK as a separate language at all. For them it's just "English". In which area are you loking for UK support specifically? Dialog texts?

Scott Willcocks

Scott Willcocks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:48

Just dialogues and text in the end I just set my VM session for repackaging to US settings, and repackaged as US but it is hardly a solution to expect a professional company to market a worldwide product and expect everyone to live with it. I hear theres a seperate product for western language support which includes UK English, but does this not amount to a £500 pound tax because we're not american, hardly seems right. Although dialogue boxes are not important in my case as I am only using the product to create MSI's to push software out to my clients, so they don't see the dialogues but when testing it is useful to get meaningful dialogues boxes.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 13:46

Maybe you culd change the offeding US English words and expressions to UK English in the String table?