This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

File doesn't get overwritten with a minor upgrade

1 reply to this topic

vklepko

vklepko
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 17:04

Hi,

Please help me with the following problem:

I created a minor upgrade for my application (basic MSI project).
The project originally was created using InstallShield Professional12. It was imported into InstallShield Professional 2010. The minor upgrade was built under InstallShield Professional 2010.

The minor upgrade replaces a private .NET assembly file.
Assembly version wasn't changed (no changes to the assembly identity at all: name, public key, ... all the same) , however file version was increased.

The original package can be installed and removed properly.
If the original package hasn't been installed and the application is installed from minor upgrade package, everything works properly .

If the original package was installed and I try to upgrade an existing installation:
1) the .NET assembly file doesn't get overwritten;
2) relevant HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Assemblies\... entry doesn't get updated
3) Uninstall removes an entry from "Add Remove Programs" but all application files are not removed from the disk (still in program files) and all relevant registry keys are not removed

"Never override" is unchecked.

The same behavior on Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x86 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Both are virtual machines.

Thank you,
Vlad

vklepko

vklepko
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 22:28

Hi,

Changing a component property ".NET Scan at Build" from "Dependencies and Properties" into "Properties Only" did the magic.

Thank you,
Vlad