This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

change format after installation

2 replies to this topic

esunliw

esunliw
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:23

Here is my problem:

I have made my install package & client support multl-language, which are English & Germany. I tested in both english and germany format. My question is, is this possible, that after installation, user manully changes the format, and when uninstallation, the msi can show the changed language format. For my current situation, it isn't.

1. Change system current language to "Germany".
2. Install the client.
3. After installing, then open the client and login, all UIs are shown as Germany.
4. Change system current language to "English".
5. Then exit the client and login again.
6. Then uninstall the client, during the uninstallation, all UIs are shown as Germany not English.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:38

No that's not possible.
The language is applied as a transform (.mst) during installation. Windows Installer can apply transforms only during initial install. So there's no way to change the language afterwards, except uninstallingf (in the original language) then re-install in the new language.

esunliw

esunliw
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:09

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2011-03-28 11:38)
No that's not possible.
The language is applied as a transform (.mst) during installation. Windows Installer can apply transforms only during initial install. So there's no way to change the language afterwards, except uninstallingf (in the original language) then re-install in the new language.

Thank you very much. smile.gif