This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Missing Features

4 replies to this topic

Stefan Sturm

Stefan Sturm
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 13:23

I trie to add Features through a minor upgrade. After installing the patch the Features are not installed. When I choose add remove software from the control panel I can see the features and install them.
That looks like the installer has installed them into his database but marked as "inactiv" for any reason.

I've seen some topics discussing that problem, but no one gives a solution.  I also maild directly to two people having the sam eproblem, but they still have no solution.

Any idea?

Regards

Donald Bristol

Donald Bristol
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 22:58

I had the same problem.  Make sure none of the component's code did not change and you are not adding any new component to an existing feature.

Stefan Sturm

Stefan Sturm
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 10:21

I've not added any new files to existing components or features. I just modified an existing file of an existing feature, and this change is installed correct (!). But then I added additional Features and they are not installed.
The codes of the existing components have also not changed!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 08:21

Are you using ADDLOCAL and REINSTALL properly, as described in the update rules here on InstallSite?

Stefan Sturm

Stefan Sturm
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 13:58

I created the Patch with IS, so the settings should be O.K. I also checked the settings in the *.pcp file and they are set to
REINSTALL OldFeature
and
ADDLOCAL NewFeature
and
REINSTALLMODE omus
where OldFeature is the feature I changed and NewFeature is the new feature I added.
I can't help, but to me it seems to be a bug of the windows installer. If not, I don't see a chance that anybody is able to create a patch without crashing the installation on his customers machine.