This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to check OS version by Setup Project

6 replies to this topic

accessdenied

accessdenied
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:54

Hi everybody,
I have created an Installer (MSI type, developed by Visual Studio Setup Project) that has to check OS version is Windows XP 32-bit (English), but I don't know how to check Windows XP-32 bit English .vs Windows XP 64-bit English or Windows XP 32-bit French. Can anyone help me?
Thanks for helping.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:41

You should be able to find something of use in the WMI Win32_OperatingSystem class properties

Edited by VBScab, 30 November 2010 - 09:41.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

accessdenied

accessdenied
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:09

Thanks for your help. But how to use information in Win32_OperatingSystem without coding?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 15:23

You could use the pre-defined properties in Windows Installer, such as VersionNT vs. VersionNT64 and SystemLanguageID.

accessdenied

accessdenied
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:25

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2010-11-30 15:23)
You could use the pre-defined properties in Windows Installer, such as VersionNT vs. VersionNT64 and SystemLanguageID.

Thanks for your help. I have solved this issue. But I have another issue when I try to install package (a setup.exe file plus a *.msi file) from a location on a network. It showed message "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. ", but when I install package from local computer, it's fine. How can I solve this issue?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 13:00

Make sure that the network share is available for the LocalSystem account, too.

accessdenied

accessdenied
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:17

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2010-12-01 13:00)
Make sure that the network share is available for the LocalSystem account, too.

OK, thank you. When I run *.msi file on a shared folder that has Full control, it is OK, but when I run that file on a shared folder that has Modify control, it has the same issue.