This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry Help Needed

1 reply to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 15:34

I have a registry key with 5 string variable beneath it in one install.  In another install, I use the same key, but only 4 of the keys.

We also use a web based install (written internally) that looks at the one variable that is found in the 5 key, but not in the 4 key.  If that key is present, the install does not execute.

During removal of the 5-key product, that one key does not get removed (if the 4-key product is installed).  It doesn't matter which productr, the 5-key or 4-key, is installed first.  It always happens.

When the user selects to remove the product from the Remove All in the dialog box or from the control panel, how can I remove this one key?  I know I can write something in a script (which I am planning to do), but where do I insert this custom action in MSI 2.03?

Thanks.

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 16:56

Greetings,

I would always give InstallShield a chance to remove the keys.  Since you are writing script to yank out what remains I would place your Custom Action in the Execute sequence after RemoveRegistryValues.  Make sure that you set the condition for the Action to REMOVE so that it only fires on uninstall.

Good Luck

Kurt Schneider