This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Can't find setup.ini after EnterDisk

3 replies to this topic

sinmi01

sinmi01
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 20:27

Hello. Usually my project is installed from a self-extracing executable. When a user then does Add/Remove Programs, modify, they are prompted automatically for the location of disk1, and they can navigate to a folder on disk or to a CD if they have it.

It's a long story, but I need to call EnterDisk manually in OnMaintUIBegin to call some Disk1 programs. EnterDisk successfully changes SRCDIR. However, users still get prompted for the location of Setup.ini, and it's looking in the old temporary SRCDIR location used by WinZip, not the new SRCDIR they entered.

By putting some MessageBox statements in OnInstallingFile, I find that other files before it are being installed just fine; the problem seems specific to Setup.ini. Does anyone know why it can't find SRCDIR in the location they specified? I can see in Windows Explorer that it's there. Thanks in advance!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 00:50

That's strange because all of the necessary information for Add/Remove Programs should have already been written to <ProgramFiles>\InstallShield Installation Information\<ProjectGUID>.

What's the command line that Add/Remove Programs is trying to use? Also, is this a multi-disk install?
user posted image

sinmi01

sinmi01
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 00:58

Hi. It's not a multi-disk install; it's installing from a self-extracting executable. How can I determine the command line that Add/Remove Programs is trying to use? Thank you.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 00:18

So you said, but I just wanted to make sure since Disk 1 has all of the essential information.

Look at the basic FAQ for how to determine the command though.
user posted image