This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

WINNT and WINDOWS

1 reply to this topic

skj

skj
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:54

I was wondering what would be the best solution to tackle an issue I have.

I'm using WPS 4.62 on a Windows 2000 machine and I want my package to install in the appropriate SYSTEM32 folder for the Windows 2000 and Windows XP client machines I will be installing it to. My issue is that in Windows 2000, the windir folder is C:\WINNT and in XP, it's C:\WINDOWS.

Should I create separate components for the files that will be saved to those locations to have a condition check of whether the client machine is windows 2000 or windows xp?

Alternatively, is there some way I can make use of the "windir" environment variable to get around this? Perhaps through the use of some property or over-riding the SystemFolder and WindowsFolder path variables???

Basically, how do I get the package to intelligently work out which folder it needs to install files to for windows 2000 and windows xp machines?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:08

Use the predefined WindowsFolder or SystemFolder property respectively.