This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows Installer Service could not be accessed

2 replies to this topic

newnewbies

newnewbies
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 20:57

sad.gif
Whenever I run an application prepared with Windows Installer, after nearly half minut hanging up, it pops up:

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. Thois can occur if you running Windows in a safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installer. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I've tried some solutions pasted on the web, like go to safe mode run "msiexec /regserver", change local policy,... but none of them works.

My OS is a Windows 2000 Professional, could you any EXPERT help me out?

Thanks!

Robo Scripter

Robo Scripter
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 14:28

Now this is interesting, never ran into this one. However I did find an interesting discussion thread on the subject @ http://www.anetforum...hreadIndex=9858.

My first thought was what you were describing was not possible however in reading the thread I think you may want to look at the possibility that the System Accounts Access to the Root could be a possible cause.

Regards,

Robert W. Haynie
Software Integration Consultant
robert.haynie@HaynieHouse.com
+1 (713) 805-4830
Be the stone that sharpens the leading edge.

newnewbies

newnewbies
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 20:45

Thanks! That link really helps!
I just add a System account with Full Control to my root drive.
It works now. laugh.gif