This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Section for InstallShield MultiPlatform on InstallSite

2 replies to this topic

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 22:42

I've been asked whether I'm going to add a section about InstallShield MultiPlatform on this site.

We already have a discussion group (this one here) about multi platform installs (not limited to InstallShield).
Would you also like to have a section with samples, beans, tips, etc.?

Currently there is a page with samples for the previous InstallShield Java Edition (under Other IS Tools), and it's not much activity there. I'm currently not using IS-MP myself, so it would be up to you to send me content.

Please post your votes here.

robsahm

robsahm
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 23:44

Well there is a lot to ISMP, it can be rather daunting using it for the first time.  It took me a good month to get up to speed and I consider myself a IS6.x expert.  The whole thing is a new paradigm.  Guess it depends on how much traction ISMP is going to get.  As more compaines need to support Unix in an Enterprise environment the benifit of having one install solution for both Unix and Windows is appealing.

doddy

doddy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 11:46

Hi Stefan.

We're going to be using Multiplatform exclusively, so a section for ISMP would be invaluable.

(Even if there are only a couple of us on there!;)

cheers,
doddy,
BELFAST