This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom action help

1 reply to this topic

ocsscott

ocsscott
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 21:37

I need to launch an exe I have installed during the setup. I want to launch it at the end of the setup and allow the setup to finish. Basically I am installing app X then after the install I want to launch X. Using installscript this was easy but i dont know how using custom actions. The one I made had 2 problems.

1) it did launch the app but the install wouldn't end until i closed the app

2) during the uninstall the same custom action started launching an app that is not installed and caused an error.

Can someone tell me in gory detail how to do this. I am new to custom actions.

Thanks so much

Scott

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:13

Which version of InstallShield are you using? If it has a Project Assistant (I think this was introduced in version 9) then you can easily configure it there.
Otherwise your custom action must be asynchroneous (option: don't wait for the executable to finish). In addition you must specify a condition for the custom action. A condition of "Not Installed" (without quotes) would run the program only for a first time install (not during repair, modify, update, or uninstall)