This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

merge modules for updates

4 replies to this topic

halciber

halciber
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 20:34

Hi everyone,

Our company just switched our development tools from VC++ 6.0 to Visual Studio .NET 2003. As a result, I need to add some new DLLs to the install (e.g. mfc71.dll). I've already figured out which merge modules to include with the install. This is working fine when I install our products for the first time on a computer.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do an update with these new merge modules. In other words, when I do an update (on a pc where our products were previously installed), I can see the latest version of an EXE or a DLL; but the new DLLs from the merge modules are not installed.

What do I need to do to get these merge modules to install the DLLs when I do an update?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Mike

farrukh

farrukh
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:34

Hello Mike
I never worked with this. Installshield moslty update a dll or other binary depending upon its version string matching. Please search for this topic in HelpNet.

Sorry for not providing detailed help.

Regards
Farrukh

halciber

halciber
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 15:39

Hi Farrukh,

Thanks for replying and suggesting the HelpNet, I'll check that out. Maybe the answer is there.

Mike

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 18:42

Another thing would be that your new feature which includes the new msm file, during the upgrade process, the required flag must be set.

Edited by sebica79, 23 December 2005 - 18:42.

halciber

halciber
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 15:28

Thanks sebica,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check this.

Sincerely,
Mike