This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Look for East language pack ?

6 replies to this topic

AND

AND
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 07:39

I am using InstallShiled for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.  I need to support the Chinese language, I know I must use the East langugag pack.

However, I want to know which version or edition of "East Language pack" would be suitable for InstallShiled for Microsoft Visual C++ 6?
How to get it? Where ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 23:29

VC++ 6 comes with a limited edition of InstallShield Professional 5. But I'm 99% sure that language packs won't work with that edition. You would probably have to buy a full version of InstallShield Professional 6 or InstallShield Developer 7. Or translate the texts yourself.

AND

AND
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 08:29

Stefan Krueger,  thank you for your suggestion.  I would like to translate the texts myself.

However, I can't find any string table or language  files in the development directory or environment.

I would like to know which file is the entry point ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 14:52

You would have to open the _isres.dll in Visual Studio and translate all the texts.

AND

AND
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 05:20

I can open and edit  _isres.dll in Visual Studio or binary file editor. If I just make a little bit different, there is no problems. I can make and run the setup program. For example, just change one or two letter.  

However, if  I make a big different  then the setup program can't be run. For example, change several word. So I was stopped by the questions.  

Q1) Do I need to set the lagnuage  type in Media Wizzad which according to the language had been edited  in _isres.dll?

Q2) Do I need to understand the file format / structure before editing?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 07:43

Q1: no
Q2: yes. I suggest you open it a type "resource" in Visual Studio

AND

AND
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 08:14

Stefan Krüger
Thank you for your help.  I can edit the text that I want.