This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Invalid Installation Dir

2 replies to this topic

Marsyas

Marsyas
  • Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 17:56

Hi,

since a couple of days I get always an invalid default installation directory for my setup project (this is a basic msi project).

When I start the setup, it will install itself to c:\program files\myinstalldir\program files\myinstalldir (normally it should be installed in c:\program files\myinstalldir).

Of course I can change the directory during the installation, but the problem is that contents of merge modules and other stuff will be still installed to wrong directories. It seems that it recognizes the path c:\program files\myinstalldir as root of the drive.

After hours of checking my project file against our source control system I did not found any difference which could cause the phenomenon. I tried different versions of the project, especially older and previous working versions. I got always the same behavior on my testing machines. Stupidly on my development computer it is running as expected. There seems not to be an pattern behind.

My last try was a new Installation of InstallShield on a different computer. Setups created with this computer are running as expected. (I did not install the Service Packs because I suspect them to cause the problems.)

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Marsyas :confused:

Marsyas

Marsyas
  • Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:35

Got it.

I've used a merge module called MFC7.1Config as dependency in another merge module. This causes this strange behavior while it tries to move the standard installation target of the merge module to the installdir.

Marsyas

SinDos

SinDos
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:52

Hello,

The same problem

So, who had the similar problem?

the problem solution please