This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to conditionally install a merge module

2 replies to this topic

hjia

hjia
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 23:06

I want to only install MDAC2.5 on NT4 box but MDAC2.6 on a W2K box.  If I use MDAC merge modules provided by InstallShield, how can I modify these merge modules to do the conditional installs?

When I opened the MDAC26.MSM file as an ISWI project, I
found that there are custom actions in the ModuleInstallUISequence and the
ModuleInstallExecuteSequence tables which are then merged with the InstallUISequence and InstallExecuteSequence tables, respectively.  How can I change the conditions in these tables to only drop a mdac2.5 on NT4 but MDAC2.6 on w2k?  Also can I modify the condition to suppress the reboot from MDAC?

Many thanks in advance!

HJ

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:14

Merge modules are not really designed to have the complete merge module not installed.
What they do allow is to conditionally set the components to install on a certain condition, or alternatively the feature for the MM to no install.

I would reccommend emailing install shield and ask them if you can add in conditions for the components that they supply in their MM.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 09:26

You could add a condition like
VersionNT<500
on the custom action that installs MDAC 2.5, etc.