This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problems with silent install

1 reply to this topic

druben

druben
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 20:56

I have been able to debug my silent install down to the SdFinish dialog. I have removed all custom functions within the install. During debugging, when I get to the SdFinish call, I step over it and the install aborts. The entry in the .iss file for the dialog was created by the RECORDMODE install:

[{2AF83F8D-9B90-4D5C-B033-2620E4B67E84}-SdFinish-0]
Result=1
bOpt1=0
bOpt2=0

I fudged the install to force the SdFinishReboot dialog to be called, changing the entries in the response file accordingly, however the install behaved in the same manner.

The odd thing is that the Setup log always reports a Successful installation. huh.gif During debugging, I checked the system and all install operations were being performed: file moves, registry keys, component registrations, etc.

I created a bare install that copied one 0 byte text file and was able to perform a silent install without error.

Has anyone else experienced problems getting the 7.01 silent installs to work?

Thanks for any and all help.
D. Ruben
Legato Systems, Inc.

druben

druben
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 18:25

It took a day and a half to figure out, but here is the problem. I was manually registering some COM components, but prior to doing so, I would ChangeDirectory() to the folder where they were installed.

If the current directory was not changed back to SRCDIR, prior to executing SdFinish(), the install would abort on SdFinish(). I was able to reproduce this in a simple install. I've also reported this as a bug to Installshield.

D. Ruben
Legato Systems, Inc.