This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Source folder???

1 reply to this topic

pattens

pattens
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2002 - 12:18

I need to set a value in the registry on the target PC to be the path to the source folder from which setup.exe was run.
For example I'll be running setup.exe from a mapped network drive L:\Client Setup\ so I would like this path to be inserted into the registry on the target PC.

I have tried using the SOURCEDIR property but it just inserts some temporary folder path. I have also tried the SRCDIR property but that just inserts an empty string. How do I get hold of the actual source path?

Thanks
SP

muland

muland
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 16:31

There is a SETUPEXEDIR in the 7.03 maintanence release which may be what you want. I need the same information for basic installer reasons. I have the maintanence release installed but SETUPEXEDIR doesn't either hilite or compile as a system variable as I would have expected (similar to SRCDIR). I would appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on how to get SETUPEXEDIR to work. If there is no way to make that work I could send you some code that does it by hand.