This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

REINSTALL and REINSTALLMODE

3 replies to this topic

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 16:06

Hi,
I know that for small and minor updates the properties REINSTALL=ALL and REINSTALLMODE=vemus can be set in the CmdLine-Parameter of the SETUP.INI.

Disadvantage: Every time when I compile a new setup, I have to do this afterwards manually in the SETUP.INI.

Can I set the properties directly in the Setup-Project?

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 17:26

Hi,
I tried to initialize the properties via property manager in the IDE. But it does not work. When I start the installation by starting the SETUP.EXE the message occurs "Another version of this product is already installed. The installation of this version can not be continued. To configure or delete the installed version of this product, please use ....".

I only changed the Package Code and Product version for small update.

Does anyone has an idea to set REINSTALL and REINSTALLMODE in the setup project?

Thanks,
Ralf

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 15:52

Hi,
I found the answer myself in the forum. REINSTALL kann be set via CA. REINSTALLMODE must be set via SETUP.INI or Commandline if the option "v" is activated to make sure that the new MSI is used and not the old one.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 11:13

If you're using the latest version of InstallShield Developer you can specify the CmdLine entry in setup.ini in your release settings so InstallShield will generate them for you during the build.