This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install problem

1 reply to this topic

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 16:31

One of the installation that I created is working fine in so far as to execute the custom actions after the ExecuteAction. My setup program is a wrapper to another setup.exe program. This setup.exe program calls a number of exe which are installed as part of its installation. The problem is that i get the below error when I run my wrapper custom installer which calls this existing setup.exe.

Action start 17:27:22: <CustomAction>.
DEBUG: Error 2753: The File 'a.exe' is not marked for installation.
MSI (s) (AC:10) [17:27:54:004]: Product: NetWorker -- Internal Error 2753. a.exe

This custom installer does most of the installation work and when I uninstall the same I'm not able to do so. I get a dialog saying that a old version of the product is existing and that I need to uninstall that. I tried to uninstall removing registry keys and also using Windows Install Cleanup but to no avail.

Edited by wellwisher, 20 November 2007 - 16:32.

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:17

I know this might be painfully obvious for the uninstall part, but might the dialog be coming from the setup.exe you're calling? Did you make sure that you have a different custom action to uninstall when REMOVE = "ALL"? Is there an uninstall command line param you can pass to the exe? It almost sounds like it's trying to run the Setup.exe when you uninstall. I know it happens cause I've done it more than once.

As far as the a.exe... is this the same as the setup.exe you're talking about or one of the .exe files the setup.exe is installing? If so, why does it show up in the wrapper log?

Just a thought, but if one of the .exe files it tries to run is actually an msi, you might run into some problems.

-- spdygnlz --