This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How To refresh a dialog?

2 replies to this topic

GreenValley

GreenValley
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 17:17

Hello, I've the following problem.
I want to show a variable value in a text field.
The value of the variable is empty at the beginning. It will be shanged through the press on a button. After pressing the button, the text field is not updated. It will be updated, after rejoining the dialog. For any help thanks in advance.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 10:30

This is one of the most annoying limitaions of the msi interface.  The usual method to solve this type of problem is to have a second dialog that looks identical to the first.  When the "update" button occurs the changes are made, then the alternate dialog is displayed with the NewDialog event.

raigosa

raigosa
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2002 - 02:51

I've done something simillar to that with an ActionData text field.  

Simply make the text field subscribe to the Event :ActionData with attribute Text
Add the name of the custom action to the ActionText table and provide a template like: [1]  where [1] will be replaced with your message.

In your custom action when you get the value if your using installscript use MsiProcessMessage with the
INSTALLMESSAGE_ACTIONDATA message type.  You would format the message simillar to how you write to the windows installer log file.

That should give you the results your looking for.