This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Delete a default dialog box using installshield Msi script project

1 reply to this topic

Sudip das

Sudip das
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:53

Hi all,

I use intallshield msi script project .I want to show only three dialog screen(Splash screen,custom dialog box screen and instaaltion screen).I want to remove all other screen(like  user name and company name screen,complete install or custom install screen). Please help me how to remove those screen from my project.It's very urgent for me. 

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 15:41

In other project types you could easily do this in Project Assistant. In an InstallScript MSI project however, switch to Installation Designer. Go to Behavior & Logic > InstallScript. On the top of the script window you'll see two drop down boxes. In the left box select "Befoire Move Data", then in the right box "OnFirstUIBefore". This will insert the default code for the OnFirstUIBefore script funtion into the script window. You can now edt this script to remove or comment out the dialog calls you want to remove.