This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Out Of Disk Space

2 replies to this topic

IFRobert

IFRobert
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 17:45

Forum

The Out of Disk Space dialog shows. I shows a C and a D drive where D is the CDROM drive. Shows 40G available and 109M needed (so plenty here). Shows 0KB available and 0KB needed for the CDROM (not installing to CDROM).

The default locations (when system to install on is not USER_SYSTEM) are D: and E: When the system is a USER_SYSTEM (determined by registry value) the install location is only C:.

The installer has a CA that calls a function that sets some properties. These properties are used along with SetTargetPath in the ReadyToInstall dialog to change intall locations when USER_SYSTEM = "1". Changing these paths is probably causeing the ODS error.

I have moved the CostFinalize to after the CA and just before InstallWelcome (which has a child ReadyToInstall dialog).

In the ReadyToInstal dialog I have tried both TRUE/FALSE for the "Track Disk Space". The behavior for the InstallNow button looks like this:
NewDialog OutOfSpace OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 1
EndDilog Return OutOfNoRbDiskSpace <> 1
Three lines of progress types
[INSTALLDIR] [USER_INSTALLDIR] USER_SYSTEM = "1"
SetTargetPath INSTALLDIR USER_SYSTEM = "1"
[ICONS] [USER_ICONS] USER_SYSTEM = "1"
SetTargetPath ICONS USER_SYSTEM = "1"
eleven more [DIR] [USER_DIR] SetTargetPath pairs

?? It is still necesary to calc space requirements. How can this be done after the installNow button has changed directories?

thank you, Robert

IFRobert

IFRobert
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 18:11

More info: Even though the ODS dialog comes up, clicking OK and not changing any paths results in a successfull install to the correct places.

IFRobert

IFRobert
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 23:49

The problem is resolved. The key was to move the custom action that modified paths to before costInitialize.