This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files locked during upgrade

4 replies to this topic

igodunov

igodunov
  • Full Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:58

During RemoveExistingProducts action (when major upgrade being applyed) some files where scheduled for remove after restart. But these files (dll's) required for CA in InstallExecute sequence of upgrade. This problem cause fault of upgrade process. Can I pause upgrade with system restart and then installation will continue? Is there another way to resolve this prblem?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 13:54

Yes you can insert a ForceReboot action to request a reboot and continue after the reboot.

igodunov

igodunov
  • Full Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 18:40

Thanx! It's really good idea! But, can I set gui level to "base" for "after-reboot" installation in some way or it is necessary to use NOT AFTERREBOOT condition for each step of InstallUISequence?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 13:38

You need to use Not AFTERREBOOT on any action that you don't want to run again. In most cases, it will be sufficient to use this on the Welcome dialog.

igodunov

igodunov
  • Full Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 16:35

Thank you very much!
I just found simple solution for my problem - scheduling RemoveExistingProducts after InstallFinilize prevents file locks.