This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ComponentRemoveAll uninstalls only the last Update

1 reply to this topic

tulip001

tulip001
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 12:36

Hi,
i have 2 setups 1. Fullinstall, 2. Update.

When i install teh fullinstall and then an update and i use the add/remove uninstall function, there are only removed the new files from the update.

Who can help ?

Ciao
Tulip001

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 14:26

If your setups use the same GUID, as I'm assuming they do, then that's by design.

At a minimum, your updates should have a different GUID, so that they don't overwrite the uninstall records of the full install. This will then create two unique entries in Add/Remove Programs (ARP).

If you wish to simplify things for you users, then you'll need to change the default remove behavior of the update to call the full install's uninstall command, so both parts are completely removed. Thereby elminating the need for the full's ARP entry, so that can be hidden/removed as a part of the update.

Another possibility too is that if your updates don't add any additional files, and simply replace existing ones, then you'll still need a different GUID for them, but you could also just have them not write an Add/Remove Program entry and simply rely upon on the full install's uninstall process.

If you need me to go into more detail on something, let me know, but that's the basic idea. Hope it helps.

user posted image