This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

silent mode command line

5 replies to this topic

soviajia

soviajia
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 13:31

hi ,all
about IS developer8.0, msi script-based project
I want to reach such a purpose,that is : the end user inputs "setup -q" from the command line , the installshield script project must run in silent mode without pressing any key message but with some ProgressBar and finishdialog. can the purpose been reached?? wait for your advice online!!!
Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 14:42

You would have to use some custom command line paramter and in your script makje sure you don't display any dialogs.

With a BasicMSI project you could use the -qb or -qr switch, but not in InstallScript MSI

soviajia

soviajia
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 14:58

Thankyou!!
now I have another question.
in command line I input "setup -s" , it will run in silent mode and a setup.log file will
come up in the same directory as the setup.exe. Now how to disable the setup.log file to make it disappeared in the directory?? waitting online!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 14:19

You can't turn of the .log. But using the /f2 parameter you can specify it's name and directory, so you could create it somewhere else.

soviajia

soviajia
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:19

why do I cannot turn off the .log?? when does the .log file be created ??
Thanks !

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 14:20

The log creating function is built into the installscript engine, and it doesn't have a parameter to turn it off.