This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Targetfolder for subfeatures

1 reply to this topic

juergen777

juergen777
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 23:39

I've a large project with one feature for the executable (in INSTALLDIR) and some features for data files (e.g. bitmaps). Total about 620MB. I'd like to allow the user to specify different targetfolders for the data features. By default, the data files are installed in subfolders of INSTALLDIR. If INSTALLDIR is changed in the CustomSetup-Dialog, all not already modified target folders should be modified to the new INSTALLDIR, butnot those which are modified.

Problem:

If I a use different Targets (defined in the directory table), I can install to diffrent locations, but I found no way to 'synchronize' this folders with INSTALLDIR.

If I use constructs like '[INSTALLDIR]\data' for the subfeatures, the target forlders are 'synchronized' with INSTALLDIR. Though I'm able to change the Targetfolder for single subfeature, it's always installed under the INSTALLDIR.

Is there any solution for this problem? Are my attempts complete wrong?

Thank you for any answer.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 14:30

Create a row in Direwctory table with the following contents:

Directory | Directory_Parent | DefaultDir
BITMAPDIR | INSTALLDIR       | .
 (that's a period)

Now BITMAPDIR should follow INSTALLDIR, unless the user selects a different BITMAPDIR