This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

changes only work in debugger

4 replies to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 08:00

Hi, can anyone help me with this?
I've created a small project for some testing. I defined that from MaintenanceWelcome dialog, if you click Next, you get to a dialog that I've created. When I run the setup, it's like nothing happened. I get the "Modify/Remove/etc" dialog, and after that, the custom setup dialog, and so on. When I run it under MSI debugger, everything works! Why is that???? How can I make my changes work in non-debugging mode? Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 15:59

Did you uninstall the previous version? Else the cached MSI file would be used instead of the new one. Also remember to always change the package code for each build.

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 13:30

I did not install the previous version. That's the whole point. I need a certain dialog to appear in Maintenance mode.
I kind of missed you there on the package code issue. Why do I need to change it for each build?

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 13:35

Stefan, I had a type'o in the last reply: I meant that I did not UNINSTALL the previous version.
Also, I don't understand why would the cached version run, when I explicitly double-clicked on the newly built .MSI file....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 23:30

because that's the way Windows Installer works. If Windows Installer finds that it has a msi file with same package code in its cache, it will use that. Uninstall the old version of your msi, then install the new version, then test maintenenace mode.