This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to identify installed features ?

2 replies to this topic

umbro12

umbro12
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 21:57

Hello, this is my first post, so please be kind =)

I was wondering if there was an alternative dialog to SdFeatureTree that will NOT uninstall unchecked features. I have an ISX - InstallScript project that i want to be able to use so that i can add features that have not already been installed, but not remove the previously installed features.

example:
My IS project has features A and B. I want to be able to install A at some point, then later on add feature B to my machine w/o having A uninstall.

bottom line: is there a way to identify installed features and prevent those from being uninstalled w/o reinstalling them?

Thanks for your help!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 15:52

If you don't want A to be removed, then leave it checked smile.gif
The way this dialog works is standard Windows behaviour. I recommend against changing its behaviour (which would not be easy to accomplish anyway)

mwasiq

mwasiq
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:30

hi i need help too, i have feature in my project of installshield 2015 professionals they get installed even when i am selecting "this feature will not be installed" need guidence.