This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

I don't want to reboot

2 replies to this topic

Sakamoto

Sakamoto
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 16:26

Hello everybody,
First of all let me tell you that I am French, that's why you'll certainly find mistakes in my messages.

My problem:

I have to modify InstallShield scripts not written by myself. The scripts make the computer reboot. My first job consists in modifying the scripts in order not to make the computer reboot. As it is the first time for me to use InstallShield, I have no idea to to that. I heard about the BATCH_INSTALL variable. Is there a link? In one of the scripts (maybe more) this variable is set to TRUE.

Do you have any idea.

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 20:39

First of all let me tell you that I am French, that's why you'll certainly find mistakes in my messages.

Welcome. I'm German so we're basically in the same position wink.gif

BATCH_INSTALL is documented in the InstallShield Help. Setting it to TRUE will cause the reboot. So you could simply remove that line from your script. Note that the system may still automatically set BATCH_INSTALL=TRUE if it detects that a reboot is required to replace files that are locked (held in use).

Also remember that there may be a reason why your colleague has put in that BATCH_INSTALL=TRUE line.

Sakamoto

Sakamoto
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:09

Thank you very much. I know now why my colleague set the BATCH_INSTALL to TRUE and I can change it without problem.