This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

public properties

9 replies to this topic

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:13

Hi there,

Could be the public properties which were set up in the "execute seequnce" reused/transffered in the "UI seequnce" - especially I want to be taken in consideration at the final Dilaog, the SetupCompleteSucces Dialog, becasue I want to launch an application from that Dialog, conditioned by a property which was set in the "execute seequnce".
There is any way tot do that?!

Thank you very much!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:21

I suppose you could write them to the registry at the end of the execute sequence, and read them back in a control event in the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 14:25

if the property is listed in Property table, i believe it will be available at any dialog, including SetupCompleteSuccess.
  ankur tyagi

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 14:35

Thank you for the answer.
I think is sounds good ... a CA which writes during execute seequnce in the registry, if the reboot is required. But, how can I read on the SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog? I need a custom action or something (which can be present only in the seequnence execute) which reads the value frm the registry, and based on the results of reading process, to contioned the execution from the final dialog. But to condition the execution I need the proerpty which was set in the CA which has read the registry entry and we get in the same point - a property set it in the seequnce execute cannot be transffered to the SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog - the final dialog.

What do you think?

Thank you very much sir.

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 14:38

Hi antiyagi,

It's not enough to be present in the Property Manager Table.
I have tried the following scenarion:
- I have set up a property in the seequnce execute;
- on the SetupCompleteSuccess I have put a CA (an EXE one) which launch the application if the property has a value, which I have set it in the seequnce, but withou luck, the property value wasn't transfferred in the dialog.

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:30

Somebody with some ideas ...
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
I'm stuck !!!!

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:58

I think you should put the CA at end (after InstallFinalize) in Install Execute sequence. It will be called after Finalize dialog.
  ankur tyagi

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 13:54

What CA?! the one which start the application - this is already there, but I want to condition that launch - if the reboot is required to not launch the application.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:33

Try inserting this VBScript custom action after ExecuteAction in the user interface sequence and before ISSetupFilesCleanup:

CODE
'On Error Resume Next

If (Session.Mode(6)) Then
   Property("REBOOTISREQUIRED") = "Yes"
 Else
   Property("REBOOTISREQUIRED") = "No"
   Property("LAUNCHPROGRAM") = "1"
End If

Then use these properties to condition whatever you need to condition in the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.

I believe the Installscript engine is already shut down by this point in the setup execution so an Installscript will not work. You should still have a valid session object though.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:22

Hi there,

thank you, in this way, through a VBasic script, I was able to control the execution. First, I thought that i can set some properties through CA's but I don't yet, very well how things are going with the type of execution (i.e. defferred, etc). I'm looking for some good documentation with, also, with some examples, nut I wasn't able.
If you have an idea, with a good link ora a doc, please let me know.

Anyway, thank you for the idea ... it worked.