This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Cant find DemoShield

4 replies to this topic

douglas quaid

douglas quaid
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 16:20

Hi

I'm trying to create a CD Browser for my installation, on the Installshield Knowledge base there is an article (Q107959) that states Installshield Profesional includes the DemoShield Browser Wizard.

I'm using Installshield Profesional 6.2 and cannot find the demoshield Browser wizard anywhere?

Does anyone know if it really does come with version 6.2?

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 22:33

Well I do see the DemoShield runtime components under the Help directory of my InstallShield Professional installation, but it doesn't have the design-time components that are needed to create something, so you'll need to buy a full copy of DemoShield.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:51

It's somewhere in the media build wizard (in Pro7 there's a button on one of the wizard dialogs called "DemoShield Browser").
Note that the browser it creates in not very customizable and IMHO is not suited for redistribution to your customers. To me it looks more like a teaser to buy the full version of DemoShield.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 14:31

I've seen that button before Stefan, but I've yet to use it. However, I always just assumed it was for tieing in an existing DemoShield project as a way of further packaging the setup. Not creating one from scratch.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:44

It does create a DemoShield browser, even if you don't have DemoShield on the machine. But unfortunately the result is not very useful.