This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA from a merge module

4 replies to this topic

bartoli

bartoli
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2001 - 09:37

Hello,

I have build a merge module with a CA, do I have to call
this CA inside my main setup or is it called automaticly ?

thanks for your help

Joe Fegan

Joe Fegan
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 July 2001 - 09:33

Have a look at the sequence tables in your final MSI file. If the custom action appears in one of them it will be executed. If not it won't.

sairam06

sairam06
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 19:19

Hi,

I have same issue here.
If it is not listed in custom Action table how do I make it in custom Action Table?

Basically I have created Merge module which contains a executable in Binary table. I do not want to include this executable part of any components as this executable should be run only once during installation and has some *condition*.
This executable should be part of merge module and Merge module do not have any other files.
I have created a custom action which is part of merge module. I did not see any way I can add a sequence in Mergemodule.

I have created a Project and included this Merge module. After build I did not see the custom action which is part of merge module in the msi file.  Is their any solution to add custiom action and Condition?

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 02:01

I'm only just learning this stuff (conditions using custom actions) myself, so this is a bit of a guess.  When I added a custom action to the merge module, then went back to my main project, in the sequences section, you can right-click and "Insert Action".  The dialog that appears has an option for "Merge Module Custom Actions" (the drop-down list).

Hope this helps...

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 08:33

Did some more learning this afternoon.  You use the "Power Editor" and add the CA to ModuleInstallExecuteSequence.

Action:  Your custom action name.moduleid (from General Information->MergeModule Properties), but using underscores instead of dashes.

i.e.  MyCustomAction.B3D45BE0_7369_4B50_BCE7_9973B3B55FB3

Sequence: 0
BaseAction: CostFinalize
After: 1

Then, you have to add the CostFinalize action, too (even though it is in the main sequence).

Action: CostFinalize
Sequence: 500
BaseAction: Empty
After: 0

PS:  These are just my "working notes" on how to do this - I must stress that I am just learning CA's and conditions myself...