This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DISABLE LOGGING FEATURE:Removing only few files du

3 replies to this topic

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 17:22

Hi,

We are having one installscript project in Installshield 12 version. Two components are there in the project. Requirement is: During uninstallation process, files in one component should not be uninstalled, but files in another component should be removed from the target machine.

I heard that DISABLE(LOGGING) feature can be used for this.But if we use this feature, files in two components will be removed during the uninstallation process. But what i want is files in one component should not be removed.

Does any one have any suggestions to achieve this functionality.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maharani

Maharani
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 18:44

We're using IS 2008, but I think this should work in IS12 as well.

You can determine for every single component whether it should be uninstalled. So if you select "Uninstall -> NO" for each component of the feature, the files will not be removed. I don't know whether this is sufficient, because the feature information and registry settings and similar will probably be lost nevertheless. So the software feature should appear to have been uninstalled but the files remain.

At least that's what I would expect.

Regards
Rita

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:31

QUOTE (rjprasadch @ 2008-12-18 17:22)
Hi,

We are having one installscript project in Installshield 12 version. Two components are there in the project. Requirement is: During uninstallation process, files in one component should not be uninstalled, but files in another component should be removed from the target machine.

I heard that DISABLE(LOGGING) feature can be used for this.But if we use this feature, files in two components will be removed during the uninstallation process. But what i want is files in one component should not be removed.

Does any one have any suggestions to achieve this functionality.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Why don´t you just set the 'Uninstall' flag to 'No' for those components?

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 14:49

Thanks for the reply. I have set the Uninstall property to "No" for the component. But during installation, some times i am getting the message like "Please insert disk1......." error. Could you please let me know whether i need to make any additional changes in the installscript in addition to setting the Uninstall property to "No" to avoid the error message.

Thanks for your help in advance.