This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

is it possible to get instant feeback of feature?

4 replies to this topic

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 00:24

hello

is it possible to know the feature's state in custom dialog after disable the feature(in same dialog)?

I want to display a special button if this specific feature is selected during runtime. but it looks almost impossible to get immediate result after the user change the state of feature.

(i am using basic msi project 7.4)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:58

Using the feature tree dialog you will NOT get instant feedback o the feature selection status.
You could instead build a custom dialog with check boxes for your features. Check boxes send status change notifications immediately.

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 00:53

thank you for the replay Stefan

i can not custom dialog box.
is there a way to at least refresh custom dialog when selection tree is selected? (or some changes in selection tree)

i have tried every possible approaches that i can think of
but can not make this to work...

thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:56

I think it's simply not possible.
What's your problem with a custom dialog?

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 15:11

my boss asks me to hide change button in custom dialog (button to change path), when the user's in modify stage. but under one condition, this one feature is selected then the change button should be enable (for just this feature only)

do you think this is possible??